Tuesday 14 March 2017

Catching up.....

I'm getting better and braver in the city now days..............
Wandering around I randomly ran into my cousin who i forgot lives and works right in the city...........conveniently he was getting lunch with his boss who told him not to rush back so he could spend some time with me.......bonus........
then I found my way walking around to Darling Harbour............enjoyed this platter with a girlfriend before Adele.........
now I don't do traffic well so to calm the nerves (no wipe that) frustrationnnnnnnnnnnn (that would be the word I need) at how people drive and how long it takes to go short distances I stitched Lucy.............
I got 3 fillers finished while away...........
95,400 people here...........the concert was wonderful......
little freakish getting out with the massive numbers but otherwise the huge crowd didn't bother me......
Sunday breakfast was so good...........OMG.......
Had breaky with friends and Miss Sonia @ Forever Always Online.......
I do love my friends..........such special people to me...
then it was time to head home..........views over the southern part of Sydney..........


Some  cliff faces catching the afternoon sun in the Blue Mountains.........
OMG they are rugged.....
some centre irrigation pivots showing up in the dry landscape.........
%%%
only a few sleeps and it's off to Girls Day in the Country...........can't wait to see all the girls
%%%%
not much other then work and walking happening here............
as of tonight I have done 67kms..........
raising lots of money.............thanks heaps to those who have sponsored me......it's not to late........and I know some of you have been following my posts on the March Charge page..........thanks heaps for your support...........
walking most days after work and have found someone to drag along with me everytime........so improving the health of myself and encouraging others too...........now I am not saying healthy people don't get cancer they can but a healthy lifestyle sure can help ward off some cancers........
are you looking after yourself????
Catch you later............
Chookyblue.......

Keeping the love of blogging alive

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Chooky so glad you had a great time,love Sonia's cooking she is a clever girl with lots of things.
Wow you are doing so well with your walking,well done.'Looking forward to seeing what fun you get up to in Nundle xx

Jo said...

Keep up the walking.. great effort. Enjoy your friends

Kate said...

How good was Adele!! I took my three big girls, we are still talking about it!!

Jenny said...

I suppose we will see you heaps skinnier.

Jane in Cumbria said...

Wow, 95,400 people is more than I have ever seen!! We walk every day too - I'll think of you next time!

Anthea said...

Wow that's a huge crowd to be in! Glad you had a great time, & now you have Nundle to look forward to!

Maria said...

I hear you about big city and crowds.. how nice to have spent time with your cousin and special friends..
Sew fabulous to have been to Adeles concert.
WOW you have walked heaps of kms for such a great cause....
Have the best time at Nundle...😘😘

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Well, you are braver than I for sure. I don't do well in the city. And, if there is more than one car at the stop sign I look for a different route! Wink. Happy to hear you had such fun!

Susan said...

That certainly was a "big girl panties" experience!! You did well - a bit calmer this weekend - probably not even 954 people all up.

Denice Barker said...

That's a lot of people in one place! If the concert was great then it was worth it, and you'll have something to really talk about at your retreat this weekend.
p.s. NO ONE likes traffic. I don't stitch, I read.

jude's page said...

Glad you had a great time, lots of people at the concert! And I hear you about being in the city, and the traffic.

Bethan said...

Looks like you've had a great (and yummy time!). Glad the walking is going well too x

Michelle Ridgway said...

So glad you enjoyed your city jaunt....and Adele too! Fantastic! Wonderful effort with your March walking. Hugs xx

Fiona said...

What a lovely trip and well done with the walking....
Hugz

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Looks like you had lots of fun, and not just with Adele - it's great to be able to combine these trips with seeing other people. Not sure about the amount of people at the concert though - it would freak me out a bit!! So glad you had a great time xx

Jan said...

My word, Miss Chooky, you do get around. What a great trip. So special to hear good music and catch up with friends. I spent the long weekend with Pete and good friends at Port Fairy Folk Festival. So many fabulous performers. Thought of you on Sunday morning walking for my dear lost ones - thank you. Glad the walking is going well. Xx

Jan said...

My word, Miss Chooky, you do get around. What a great trip. So special to hear good music and catch up with friends. I spent the long weekend with Pete and good friends at Port Fairy Folk Festival. So many fabulous performers. Thought of you on Sunday morning walking for my dear lost ones - thank you. Glad the walking is going well. Xx

Julia said...

Gosh all those people at the concert...Adele is amazing, I love her music.
Yes Sydney is busy but I love strolling around Darling Harbour. 67kms is amazing Chooky....well done! Enjoy Nundle..

Ondrea said...

Great that you had such a fantastic time and navigated your way around so bravely. I'm not as brave as you.

Days and colors said...

It looks like a wonderful time! I'm looking forward to seeing more of your Lucy blocks.

Jo said...

Glad you had a great time. We love visiting Sydney and wasn't Adele amazing, I saw her last monday night in Adelaide, best concert i have been too. Have a lovely weekend :)