Sunday 2 November 2014

what not to do............

So i'm trying to do 10000 steeps a day..........and especially making sure I average 10000/per day in the week.........I have a gadget and when I started I was not doing enough so I had to make sure I stepped things up - so to speak..........
anyway a twitch in the ankle doing cattle work put me out for a few weeks..........it wasn't too bad but I was not averaging 10000.........ankle feels better now so back to the goal........
stupid me checked the gadget last night and as I had a lazier day yesterday not enough steps in the day had happened but worst still I was just not quite going to make it for the week either.........so at about 11pm (why I was up this late who knows) I started lapping around the house in and out of rooms, verendahs etc trying to get enough steps up...lucky I have a big house......it was ok to start as I was dropping things in places where they should have been but then it got BORING.....I felt like a "pacman" zooming around the game.....so at about 11.15PM i conned Boy Wonder into walking around the outer house yard.....problem was we got to the front ramp and the wind was so cool from the south (in my summer nighty - lucky I don't have close neighbours and traffic) we decided to head back inside...........I was so close so I had to wander around the house a few more times and finally made it..............
NOTE TO SELF don't check weekly target at 11pm on the last day.........get butt into gear earlier..............
.........take care til next time.....Chookyblue.........

18 comments:

Tracy said...

That's dedication Chooky. Good on you.

Sharm said...

I lost my fitbit last weekend... and have just replaced it with a fitbit one.... I love how it syncs to the computer dashboard and also you can hook up with other friends to encourage each other.....

creations.1 said...

Go Girl!!! I reckon I would do 10,000 a day no problem - chasing around after my grand daughter, plus any other grandies that appear each day, plus the housework, plus the animals, plus the garden and watering, plus my mother and the list goes on! Good luck reaching your goals Chooky!!

Brenda said...

You go girl.

gracie said...

Got to give you high fives...

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Your post created quite the mental image! Thanks for the giggle!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Go girl I have one of those gadgets coming ...XX

Susan said...

Good for you! Active is the only way to go...

Lorraine said...

Good work!

Jenny said...

Good luck with it all. Happy walking.

Pinnylea Creations said...

lol; what a great son you have Chooky - keeping his mum company at that time of night .....

Melody said...

Very funny

Jewells said...

oh dear, I don't think I do that many in a week let alone a day!

Susan said...

What can we say??

the image of you outside in the dark . . . .mmmm - beter to get up early - well my dad would say that - like when I studied until 2am . . ..

Salley said...

I tried this one day last month . .. . . as my sewing machine is not in the same room as my ironing board and my table is even further away . . .I thought I'd walk up a storm going to my 3 stations so frequently. A dismal 2000 steps after hours and hours of sewing :(
Think I need to take my ironing board to the next suburb.

Cheryl said...

That's a lot of steps Chooky and I'm sure some days running around the farm you do heaps more than thay. Keep up the good work

Show and Tell said...

Sounds like the perfect time to do it to me....I get my best work done at that hour...LOL and also you saved on sunscreen....Gotta look at the positives GF....I am proud of you x

Kate said...

I've tried lapping the house to up my count, but the darn thing must be on to me, it stops citing after the first few laps. So I do a sneaky trot around the block if I'm desperate. Quilt Market saw me knock off 19,000 steps on my busiest day!