Saturday 28 December 2013

busy when I should be quiet...............

I have a couple more swaps to post about but it has been busy here when i thought it would be quiet............I finally got the pics taken and started to organise the posts..............but I had an unexpected day trip out yesterday to pick up one of boy wonders mates from away and hit the sales....never get to the shop sales........well just slightly did some shopping damage as Fairy girl needed a pile of bedding and I got it all on great sales.....I got a couple of pairs of shorts and a dress..........then today we are doing a thing with my side of the family so out again........and it is hot again..........3 days over Christmas between 30-33 now high 30's again well for as far as I can see on the weather forecast............we had a 11 day run before Christmas too.......it sure is summer in my part of Australia............"but it's only HOT when it's hot in the cities apparently"..........no mention of the heat otherwise.........stupid media people............Sunday will sure be a day of rest here..........well for me after we feed.............
and I haven't even had some time in the sauna Chookshed yet............
.........take care til next time.....Chookyblue.........

15 comments:

Cardygirl said...

Must have been lovely to get to the sales and bag a bargain! Wish you would get some cooler weather out there.

MyLittleBlueDog said...

I live on the Sydney fringe, and work in the CBD. It is regularly in the high 30s and low 40s and it never rains. To listen to the people at work it rains all the time and it is not hot, so I totally understand your frustration. I don't listen to the news anymore, if one more forecaster says nice and warm when it is in the mid 30s I will not be responsible for my actions, I am sick of the editorialising. Just report the news and weather.

creations.1 said...

Dust storms only occur in the city also, hailstorms and heavy rain only occur in the city also - I tend to not listen to news or weather reports anymore! We have heat and no rain predicted down here for the next week also Chooky - you have missed out on what we have received so I hope some rain comes your way soon!

Susan said...

We feel your pain - cant be bothered complaining about the weather - I'm stuck with it and I hate it.
Sales - now thats another matter! - worth it if you need stuff and can make an early start!
I hope you get to the chookshed sometime Chooky, I am camped out in my Sewing Space!

Maria said...

Sorry to hear about the weather down your way but really pleased to hear you did well at the sales.

Cath said...

I really hate the way they try and glamorize the heat by saying "beach weather" or "lovely sunshine" grrrrr.....it's "HOT" people! Give me cold anyday. I feel hot just reading your posts and often wonder how you cope with it all. I have lived in some outback places and know how unbearable the heat can be.
Cath @ Bits 'n Bobs

Googy Girl said...

Sounds like a great day at the sales, here s hoping for a cooler day in the chookshed for you

Maria said...

Too hot for me to go to town shopping, it's 39.....
May go for a. Swim instead...

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

So hot here today....glad you were able to get some good sale items...

wish2stitch said...

Sending cool rainy wishes your way.

Susan said...

Nothing like a post Christmas bargain. Hope you get to have your quiet Sunday.

FloS said...

Take one minute in your busy days to enjoy my best wishes for the New Year !! and I want to thank you with all my heart of your work organizing the fabulous SSCswap !!
Florence

DAWNIE said...

Hi Chooky, so much on the plate lately. Just thought I would drop in and wish you a Merry Chrissy and Happy New Year. Looking forward to another stitching year. You just have got to love this blogland.

Jindi's Cottage said...

Hope you get some relief from the relentless heat soon, wishing you lots of gentle soaking rain!!...at least you got to the sales and bagged some bargains...

Fairy Floss Stitches said...

Nothing like a bargain to cheer you up! ...I just decked out DD3 with a new bed and bedding... now I think I need one! Xx