Thursday 5 January 2012

just popping in............

well i'm just popping in to let you know I may be off for awhile longer then planned...............this afternoon I was going to sort out the posts I wanted to do it and get organised and I have been chasing Mr Chooky and his vehicle problems...........lets just say the afternoon went pear shaped.............bit like the last week or so................I wasn't in my working clothes by any means (a dress) and ended up doing some farm work......had my  Cardygirl work boots thongs on......when I should have been cooking dinner I was drenching sheep with the boys (I have an extra boy for a week) while Mr Chooky took a couple of cows to the saleyards..........lucky for him he brought home some dinner..........then it was back out again to pick up a broken down vehicle and finally in at 8.45pm...........so far removed from the plans I had it's not funny............
I did find out about a little blog win so while in the heat dust and sweat of today that made me continue on........
I had great sewing plans for my holidays off work..................I have not got to sew a stitch yet.......a few visitors here and there......the farm jobs have been busy - catching up on work.............I am sick of sheep and we have more work to do with them...........lucky I will miss some of the cattle work on the weekend while I am busy with Fairy Girl.....then it is back to paid work so I am not sure when i will get back here..........I am very sorry as I have so much to show and be thankful for but for now it will just have to wait.............I also have posts to comment on which I am trying to do.............and I am trying now to keep up with the emails..........there were 150+ emails in my in box....google reader is out of control.............anyway I know we all have busy times and it will pass.............sorry Cardy I will try and catch you tomorrow night..........oh and the summer heat is here..............gee we have had it nice but not now................anyway off for now hope to return soon............while all the work is on we are having "quality family time" bonding like you do over stock work..............
.........take care til next time.....Chookyblue.........

30 comments:

Jan Maree said...

Poor chooky blue - sorry to hear that your holiday isn't turning out the way you had hoped. hang in there - things will settle down eventually. keep smiling!

Kris said...

Hey, you'll catch up here at some point. Hope things slow down enough for you to pick a needle up!

bettsylyn (Lynda) said...

Sounds like you are finding it hard to catch your breath. I'm sure you will find a moment to stop and smell the flowers. Until then take care and don't overdo it.

Cardygirl said...

OMG...busy time on the old ranch!!! Talk to you over the weekend...hot date tomorrow night! Hope it all settles...don't knock my work attire!

Susan said...

Sometimes life just sucks... it will improve I am sure..."hang in there" we do miss you!

suzitee said...

We all understand Chooky...I was hoping you were busy, rather than absent for other reasons :)
Take a breath...it will all settle soon!

Larissa said...

Most understandable Chooky!! Hard work is always a good reason ... and probably better for you than staring at a computer screen all day, lol! Enjoy your time with the boys ... we'll be still be here when you 'return' *giggle*

Annie said...

Thinking of you chooky, no need to reply to me - just sending thought messages.

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey Donna! Doesn't it just suck when 'real life' gets in the way of our stitching plans?!?! Hope the dust starts to settle soon and that you at least get a little bit of stitching time before you have to go back to paid-work. Hope you manage to avoid any further 'pears'! :0) Bear Hugs! KRIS

Cheryl said...

You are working so hard...just know we are all thinking about you and hoping for some "me" time for you to get back to your stitching.

Quilt Kitty said...

Sounds like bedlam in the chookhouse! I hope you can get back soon. Tracee xx

Chocolate Cat said...

Yikes! sounds like it is good you are on holidays this week, imagine fitting this in with the paid work as well! We will all be here when things settle down.
Do not reply to this email - just hit the delete button!

Willow Grove - Kez said...

I was good catching up last night. Hope you get all your arm work done soon and back to reality what ever that is. Good to see you having bonding time. Cheers

Googy Girl said...

sounds like it is a very busy time out your way....so glad i didn't send you an email to add to your already flowing inbox....hope thins settle soon

sounds like you will be glad to get back to paid work to get away from the sheep....lol

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Big hug coming your way...xx

Jodie said...

Breathe Chooky, take the break you need. Ignore the emails- we'll all be here when you get back.

Deb said...

Sometimes Chooky you just have to go with the flow and thats what you are doing. Life throws up all sorts of things we need to deal with and can get very busy. You just need to do what you have to do and everyone understands that. Make the most of that quality family time though, it becomes such a rare event.

Sue-Anne said...

It sounds like you will be going back to your paid job for a rest! Enjoy your weekend off with your daughter.

Unknown said...

I really feel for you. My experience is similar, without the farm & broken vehicle lol.I had great visions of having my sewing room sorted, so that i could get back in there, but that hasn't happened yet. Oh well, the best laid plans of mice & men ...........

Marg said...

Hope it calms down for you soon. Frustrating when you have lots of plans and you get whisked off and have no control over the direction!! We'll all still be here when you have time - and for your sanity, hope it's soon.

Cheers

Pat, Idaho, USA said...

Oh dear, looks like someone's is wrapped up in sheep's clothing.

Kimonos and Sushi(OLD BLOG) said...

Hope you get some well deserved R&R soon Chooky...will be waiting here for your return

nanamommy said...

god bless you~^^*

Shiralee Stitches said...

Yep, that farm work can creep in when you don't want....we came home from hols to a bushfire, and hubby was out till early morning the day we returned putting out the fences!!!....hope life gets back to how you want soon.....I feel overwhewlmed with all the computer catch up after my break too......don't stress...all our friends will be here when we get back to it all.....well I think they will???....big hug...XXX

Susie said...

Hope things are better now and not so busy!!

Berglind said...

Hi Chooky, long time since I've been to blogworld :)
So happy to see you're still as active as always - take care!

Lurline said...

Please don't reply - just get yourself on an even keel and we hope to see you soon!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Lurline said...

Your header is just gorgeous - lovely to have you back and hey! take it easy!
Hugs - Lurline♥

limpingalong said...

Love your cactus pictures. We have cactus in Texas and I love them when they are in bloom. Have you ever eaten the fruit? After the little stickers are removed they can be eaten or used for jelly. I always think they taste a little like strawberries.

Bec said...

LOL your afternoon sounds like what goes on here, only thing is DH doesn't usually come in till 11ish when he has been repairing vehicles lately....makes for a terribly disrupted and late night. I know where you are at (or were). I hope ou enjoyed your holiday. xxx