Monday 17 October 2011

SSCS International postage.......


Everyone should have an email from me last night..............you must reply to it please.........
A few have mentioned postage............so i found an old post and dropped the info here for you.............

Not that postage is happening yet (19th - 25th November) but as people are preparing their parcels I have received a few questions.............hope this helps............. 

If you are posting to Australia this info (here too) may be useful of goods not allowed..........also probably not a good idea to send chocolate to the southern hemisphere at this time of the year as it could be quite hot and melt while under the christmas tree........... 



If you're an Aussie girl posting to another country look at this Australia Post site as they give country specific information..............

 Australian girls you can even calculate how much your parcel with cost to send here
&&&&&
&&&

If there is an issue for your own country leave a comment with the country and problem here and others can then read it.

CUSTOMS DEC's
Also I realise you have to put your name and address on the parcel..................it is only a secret until the parcel arrives but the goodies inside will still be secret.............the ornament is opened when the parcel arrives but the main gift goes under the tree for Christmas day.
Get creative on the custom declaration.
Don't write bag - write what it is made of -  fabric, buttons, pellon, etc...........
not telling any lies but not saying what the gift is.

.........take care til next time.....Chookyblue.......

11 comments:

Fiona said...

thanks for the links...
Hugz

Anonymous said...

thankyou Chooky

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Thanks mate...

Rose Marie said...

I know that Australia has quite a few restrictions and it was great to go through and read all the don'ts. For me, I hand quilt using thread that has beeswax on it and that is a no-no for Australia. Now, I just use thread that has none. (I put beeswax on my thread using beeswax from a local farmer.)

Julia said...

All good Chooky..
I usually write craft items..seems to be enough to get through.
Julia ♥

Kiwifruit-Shiree said...

I write craft items too, and always under estimate the value so no additional tax to be paid...

Annie said...

You're one helpful chicken!!

rosie said...

Thanks Chooky, like Annie said, you are one helpful chicken!!!

Linda said...

It's a good thing you mentioned the chocolate...I sent some last year...I hope it was OK!I just write craft items too!

Chocolate Cat said...

Always good reminders!! I am always happy for chocolate to be included in my parcel, I just keep it in a cool place until Christmas!!

DAWNIE said...

i havent replied to your email yet,as saw this first, but I will - all is in order with me. Project just finished last night.