Sunday 4 May 2008

Girls Day in the Country...........

What a huge weekend......early friday morning Jelly Wares swung by my place and we threw the gear in and off we went......after hours of chatting we finally arrived in Nundle...(I don't think either of us drew breath during the trip)...........the occassion Girls Day in the Country..........going to the amazing day organised by Kerry Swain of Cottage On the Hill - tutored
for the day by the wonderful Leanne Beasley and Rosalie Quilan and meeting
up with the bloggy crew........Bloom, Day Day's Blog, Happy in Quilting,
Jelly Wares, Riley's Rambles, Dragonfly Crafts, Lzilulu's Stuff, The Janelle Wind Collection, Living in Paradise, Relle's Place, Gai D (belongs to this club scroll down on the right find the labels and the link for Gai D) and of course ME.......


Leanne, Kerry and Rosie.........



Leanne's project.............a stitchery project........designed especially with me in mind............yes this is true she said it on the day..............I feel extremely special to inspire someone to create a special "Chooky" project - mind you she can't call me anything other then my blog name...........I do love it though........





We could choose to make our project in 5-6 different colourways and of course I choose "blue"...........


.................here is Rosie's project........needle turn applique............as I had never done this before I chose to work on this first.............I managed to get one heart stitched on (a small one) and all my applique cut out and stuck onto the fabric..........I think I could find myself doing more of this..........I usually do blanket stitch............





Rosie, Leanne and Kerry...........



working hard on projects and getting the girls to sign books etc...........they are so kind and patient with everyone.........shared themselves around with all the stitches...........





The group bloggy pic should be here but wait for the next post...............
After the great day we dined out on the balcony of the hotel.........we couldn't fit downstairs (to many people dining at the hotel) and we had enjoyed our drinks up there the night before so decided to sit out there again..............our group started at about 11 in the morning and by the time we ordered I think there was about 25 of us together...........Rosie and Leanne and Janelle joined us for tea and some other lurkers............(they had better comment here)
...................now Nundle can get pretty cold in winter and it was an open balcony and it was colder then Friday night............you think these girls would own a warm quilt don't you..............lol...........

we ended up with all the blankets etc from the rooms out on the verendah wrapped around everyone keeping them warm..........but it was worth it was had a great time..........that is until we had eaten and decided we could all fit down in the bar and moved into the warmth..............
we looked cold didn't we..............lol

Now once we moved downstair this is the only pic I can display but can you guess who some of the girls are that were singing and dancing and generally have an absolute ball..................


the best part is Leanne and Rosie are coming back again next year.......................woohoo.............
......................now for the shopping, my sewing and more stay tuned.............oh and I nearly forgot I have a very special treat for a friend..............
............Fairy girl says my voice sounds different tonight............I think it is due to all the chatting............lol...........I am exhausted.............goodnight.............
..............take care...........

34 comments:

Locket Pocket said...

Oh I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO JEALOUS!!!!! I really wish I could have been there too! Glad you had such fun! Lucy x

Unknown said...

I am so glad to hear that you had an amazing time away. It looks like everyone enjoyed themselves and the projects look gorgeous.

Stina Blomgren said...

I knew you would have a wonderful time!!!!
Lovely projects...lovely friends..a lot of laughing...couldn´t be better...;D
Take care...

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great time, well done.All the projects look just lovely and dont you all look cute wrapped up in your blankets.Have a great week.

Jenny said...

What fabulous fun for all of you-old friends and new. Looks like you had such a good time

lzilulu said...

yoohoo! great photos....I should have stayed overnight....just checked my feet to ensure that Leanne had her shoes on and not mine....lucky!!....lzilulu xox

Unknown said...

Those projects are beautiful. How special that she designed the stitchery with you in mind! How cold was it on the balcony, is it winter at your place now, or autumn?

May Britt said...

WOW...........you had a great time. And a Leanne choocky pattern for you. I know the feeling when you discovered it, like me when Leanne blogged her new blocks inspired from my blog before her trip to norway. It's georgius.Rosies applique is also wonderful. Weekends like this is treasures to keep.

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey Chookyblue! Wow! Sounds like you packed HEAPS into one weekend - and all of it fun!! Am a little green with envy - oh wait! That's paint! We've been painting our bedroom while you were playing with the girls in the country! Tee! Hee! Hee! Hmmm, recognising at least TWO pairs of those shoes in the photo... Yep - cold here QLD, so can imagine further south is even icier, but I can see your new fashion statement blankets really catching on this winter! Warm thoughts and Bear Hugs to you! KRIS (Tag Along Teddies)

Unknown said...

What a wonderful fun time you had. Those sort of weekends are so worth the time it takes to travel to the destination.

Rose Johnston said...

Looks like a fantastic weekend. Love the projects!! The chooks are adorable!! Glad you got to meet so many bloggers, weekends like that are made to treasure!!

Anonymous said...

Well that was a fabulous time had by all. Now I have to click on everyone's link!!!!

The Naturalist's Daughter said...

Looks like you had a fantastic time. Love the chook stitcheries! The pictures are great. So glad you enjoyed it. Needle turn applique becomes addictive after a while...

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fantastic weekend. Wish I could have been there too!

Wisdom.Courage.Love said...

What fun it looks like you all had, so wish I was there!! Will definately be going next year... Love the projects, can't wait to check out everyones blogs. Great photos too...

Chocolate Cat said...

I LOVE the chook stitcheries! Don't forget to post a photo of yours in blue when finished! How special to have something designed for you!!!

Belinda said...

Glad you had a good time. I'll call you soon, so you can fill me in.

Saw Ains and Cass on the weekend. I mentioned the June long weekend to both of them. Is the country retreat available??

Anonymous said...

Great Great Photos...... I have a smile on my face remembering the great weekend.....brrrrr then I get the shivers from those verandah pics.
It was a WONDERFUL weekend and SO much to talk about.
LOL about your voice, I'm sure Bloom's ears are sore after our big trip home. LOL

Lissa Jane said...

I so bloody wished I could go.. My auntie even LIVES in Nundle! so cheap accomodation! I am so jealous I could just spit *insert spitting noises here*

I might, just might swing it to go next time...


take care

Lissa
aka the green eyed monster

Kieny The Dutchlady said...

Wow, looks like you all had a lot of fun!

Anonymous said...

*sob,son* another green eyed monster sulking here :)

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Oh what fun you girls must have had. I am so jealous!!!! Love all the projects you were doing too.

Leanne said...

Lucky lucky you.... sounds like it was a great weekend... looking forward to seeing your completed homework.

Janelle Wind said...

Hey there!! It was SO lovely to meet you at Nundle and have such fun and laughs together too. Sorry I piked on the outdoor dinner but it was 3 degrees!!!!! SO look forward to catching up again very soon... x Janelle

Anonymous said...

Maybe for next year I can design the 'Peel Inn Verandah Quilt'!LOL. Thanks for helping look after Rosie and I. We both had such a ball. We felt very welcome in Nundle.

Anne Heidi said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend! I can imagine how cold you were... Leanne is on to something with her "Peel inn verandah quilt" :-)

Solstitches said...

It sounds as though you had the most amazing time.
I love the pictures.
What an honour to have the chook pattern designed with you in mind.
I look forward to seeing your bluework version.

Carole said...

WOW! I would have loved to have been there! What a great time! So much talent in one room! WOOOOO HOOOO! I love those projects! Will the chook stitchery be available? I love chooks! I just love that HA projects! So sweet! Thank you for sharing your wonderful time!

Thimbleanna said...

How exciting! It looks like you guys had a great adventure! I'm sooo jealous!!!

Kris said...

This is a recurring theme, but I am sooooooo jealous! Love the shoe photo. I'm sure I've seen some of the shoes on blogs before. I'm more of an ugg boot person myself.

Jodie said...

Great post Donna!!! We had such a great time, I'm still buzzing... :)

Jodie

Mama Spark said...

My friend Lesley J. was with you at this. Looks like you had lots of fun!! I will put your blog on my bloglines list now!! Thanks for the pics.

Anonymous said...

Hey Donna!
Im one of the "lurkers" 2 of us came from Jervis Bay didn't really know what we would be up for yet because of kerry, leanne rosalie and u guys WE ARE BACK NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Slippers and doonas and all things sewing!!! Me personally chatted so much to every one got about 3 words stitched on chook and nothing at all happened on needle turn!!! That is one for the UFO bag! BUT WE WILL BE BACK NEXT YEAR to see you guys all again
Thanks for the pics
Helen

May Kristin said...

You lucky girls! Wished I was there too!